A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, August 14, 2006

Time Flies...

Time flies when you're crazy-busy. It's been quite a week here in Kramerland. Last week, I was swamped with work. I'm still trying to get a few things caught up, plus I had three screenings to attend (I wore my new sweater to one of them, and I was very proud of myself -- I *LOVE* it!). Then the in-laws showed up on Friday -- my MIL, FIL, and Little Bro-in-Law. It was all pretty crazy.

And speaking of crazy, while they were here, I knit up a cute little girly jumper in neutral colors. I'd share a picture, but my computer isn't cooperating again today. I'll try again tomorrow.

I also have a picture of my *next* neutral -- Mom's Christmas sweater (Just for the record -- Mom already knows about her sweater. She picked out the pattern and the yarn -- so don't worry...I'm not ruining any surprises here.). I ordered some Quarry from KnitPicks. And, while I was at it, I picked up a couple of their new circs. LOVE THEM!

Today, I rushed out to get my hair cut before going to see the girlies. Yesterday was Miss H's birthday, so I brought brownies. It's a good thing I brought a bunch -- because we had a huge turnout this week! Miss A the speed knitter returned with her so-cute top that she's been working on this summer. Miss H was there, of course. So was Miss S, who brought her "bratty little sister," Miss M. Miss M just learned to knit last week, and she's already whipped out a washcloth. Wow! Another Miss A returned (remember the week when I had nothing but Miss A's?). She also brought her little sister, Miss D. And, after a while, Miss S the Big returned with her gorgeous scarf, and I taught her to bind off. Count 'em -- that's seven girlies!

It was a lot of fun, though -- and not nearly as out-of-control as last week (when I had five girlies -- three of whom had never knit before!). We spent quite a bit of time telling Sad Stories About Pastries. It started with the sad story about how I didn't get *any* leftovers from my wedding cake because the reception hall staff decided that the cake was *really good* -- not that I'd know. And then it moved into Sad Stories About Pies. Miss S, who could also be known as Miss Doom and Gloom, shouted out, "I've got a sad story about pie. I don't like pie."

This week, I've got another busy week ahead of me. I'm hitting the TV studio tomorrow to watch a couple of colleagues film their show. Then I've got a screening tomorrow night. And on Thursday night, all the cool film critics in town are gathering to see the first show of Snakes on a Plane. We were a little ticked off that they chose not to have any press screenings for the movie, but we have to go anyway. How could we not? We're meeting up at 7 or so for drinks beforehand, so I'm sure we'll really enjoy the evening -- whether the movie's any good or not. (Though most of the guys out here have already dubbed it The Best Movie Ever Made.)

Then...on Friday morning, Chandra and I are packing up and hitting the road for the Uber Yarn Outlet's Annual Tent Sale. Woohoo! Am I healthy enough for a crazy road trip like that? Probably not. Am I going to do it anyway? Heck yeah! I can't wait! I'm already putting my wishlist together -- I think I know what I'll be doing with this year's birthday money...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

have fun at the tent sale - can't wait to hear all about it! glad to hear u are doing so much better...take it easy on the long trip and try not to overdue it.

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

have fun and stay healthy!!! I can't wait to hear all about the fun things you bought. Next year... I'm in!

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]