A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Friday, June 30, 2006

Holiday!

Ahhh...it's finally Friday. Despite the fact that I was hoping to write two reviews and a feature article by the end of the day today (which, technically, is in a few minutes -- ha!), I don't think I've ever been this relieved to see a week end. It's been a good week -- but it's been exhausting.

Knitting-wise, it hasn't been a very productive week. This is all I have to show for it:

I really wanted to have my Picovoli done by the time we left for the cottage, but I'm nowhere near. Oh, well -- it'll give me plenty to work on while I'm there.

On the work front, however, it's been a highly productive week:
- I went to three screenings -- Superman Returns, Pirates 2 (the review of which will be published next Friday), and Wordplay.
- I spent two days at a game convention, where I met a lot of people, collected a pile of business cards, and picked up a bunch of new games to review.
- I even spent an afternoon at the radio station, doing a test taping with a couple of my colleagues -- who determined that I have a great radio voice. They were happy enough, in fact, to invite me to join them on their show next month! It's available on-demand online, so I'll be sure to share the link when available.
- I worked late every night this week. The earliest I quit was last night -- when I stopped working at 6:30 (then again, we watched a movie last night, so technically, that's work, since I'll review it -- but I got to knit while watching, so it wasn't *totally* work).

Tonight, we get to start packing up for our week at the cottage. Fortunately, packing for the cottage isn't a big deal: swim suits, shorts, T-shirts, maybe some jeans and a sweatshirt. The hard part is packing my knitting. :) We leave tomorrow morning -- and I intend to be on the beach sometime in the afternoon. A whole week just to read...and knit...and eat junk food...and veg. I can't wait!

Have a wonderful holiday! I'll be back in a week -- with all kinds of pictures.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip. You deserve it after the week you've had.

10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't done any of the things I am supposed to do and don't even have any knitting to show for it. Blah.

I hope you had a great trip!

7:11 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

have a great - and much deserved - vacation!!!

10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]