A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Attack of the A's

This week, our kids' knitting group was inundated with Miss A's. Our regular Miss A (not to be mistaken for the old Miss A, AKA Taz) was there. I got her started on an awesome tank top from Girl's Guide to Fun & Funky Knitting in pinks and blues.

Then we had a new Miss A. Miss A2 hadn't really done much knitting, so I retaught her (much to the relief of her mom, who admitted to not having enough patience to teach her). By the end of the day, Miss A2 was up and knitting like a pro -- and her mom was so proud that she bought her yarn for a cool green scarf.

Then we had two more kids' group newbies show up -- Miss A3 and Miss A4, who, by the way, was only FIVE! And she just picked up her needles and dug right in. I was totally impressed.

I definitely had my hands full this week -- but it was a lot of fun. I hope all the little A's come back again after our Fourth of July break.

As for the other regulars, Miss S has been feeling ill lately. She missed last week, too. And it's too bad -- because I even brought my Super Secret Project last week. Just for her! And she wasn't even there! Hmmph. Miss H returned from her trip to Florida last night -- too late to come to knitting. But I took her out for Frappuccinos and knitting today. Perfect timing, too -- they were having some sort of Summer Shindig, and they kept bringing us free samples of new fruity drinks and munchies. It's a good thing, too -- because I was too busy to eat lunch today.

I haven't had a ton of time to work on my Picovoli, but Paul's flying back from his business trip tonight, so I'm on my own. I think this calls for a girly movie and knitting, don't you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How old are the kiddos you are teaching? I worked with several of my second graders this year (30 minutes at a time) and as eager as they were, they had a lot of trouble.

11:13 AM

 
Blogger Andi said...

Oy Vey you have your hands full... poor thing... Your sweater is gorgeous by the way.. nice job!!

5:19 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

S - My regular girls range from around 9-14. Miss A4 was unusually young -- and I'm amazed that she can do it. I remember my grandma trying to teach me when I was about 8, and I just didn't have enough sit in me.

4:05 PM

 
Anonymous Seafood Recipes said...

This is a greatt post thanks

3:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]