A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Slowly but Surely...

I'm finally getting back to the needles. On Monday night, I picked up the baby sweater that I'd started on the way to the cottage -- just the sleeves and the button bands to go:



Actually, I'm closer to being finished than the picture suggests. I took the picture before I picked it up again last night. Now I'm almost finished with Sleeve #1. I have to tell you -- it feels wonderful to knit again. I missed it. And this is a good project to work on -- it's just a bunch of knitting, with the occasional decreases. I can handle that.

This, however, has been put on hold:



I'm just a few repeats into my new lace stole, and it's *killing me* not to work on it. But I'm still in no shape to knit lace. So I just stare at it a lot. I'm not exactly liking the way it's striping on me, but it may just grow on me. I love the way the lace pattern is knitting up, though. It's so simple that it works with the crazy striping yarn.

So I got an email yesterday from the Uber Yarn Outlet, and that reminded me that the tent sale is just around the corner. If you're interested in road-tripping it, let me know, so we can pick our days to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Your shawl is going to be amazing! Glad to hear you’re feeling better enough to knit again….

The yarn sale really snuck up on me! I have a wedding I have to go to the first weekend in Aug. (it’s a distant friend of my husband’s – I don’t really know the guy but my hubby really wants to go). When exactly is the sale? Is anyone else coming? I’m going to try to rally the troops from here to go!

1:02 PM

 
Anonymous The Skin Merchant said...

Great share, thanks for writing this

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous The Skin Merchant said...

Great reading youur blog post

11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]