A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, July 17, 2006

Substitute Knitter...

Thanks so much for all your get-well comments! I made it through the first week, and I'm sure it'll be much easier to handle from here on out. The bruises are finally fading, and the scrapes no longer need their daily bandaging rituals. Now I just have to get this darn rib to fix itself. I'm still sleeping in the recliner -- the novelty of which has totally worn off -- and I'm still on mind-numbing meds, but at least I'm able to get out a little bit every once in a while. On Friday, I was finally able to leave the house for my first non-doctor-visit excursion -- to JoAnn's. :)

Mom and Dad came down for the week to hang out with me, so even though I was too out of it to knit (though I did manage to knit a single dishcloth), there was still plenty of knitting going on in the house. Over the weekend, Mom finished her very first felted bag!



With the leftovers, she's working on a drop-stitch scarf. She did a couple feet of it last night -- but then she apparently frogged the whole thing this afternoon in the car and started over.

Mom's turning out to be quite the little knitter. Every time I see her, she picks up at least one new technique. Over the week she was here, I taught her the drop-stitch pattern -- and she learned how to do I-cord. I'm so proud of her!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend! We've missed you on Thurs.

4:02 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

mom's lil bag turned out great! glad to hear that you're feeling somewhat better...hope you are staying cool in the a/c and hope that rib gets better soon!!

6:27 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Glad to hear you're starting to get better! Your mom's bag is cute - it's so fun to have a knitting mom!

8:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]