A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Help! I Can't Keep Up!

Do you ever have those days when you feel like you're so behind that you'll just never get caught up? I think I've felt that way for about four weeks straight now.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes -- and all the comments on the radio show. I had such a great time doing the show -- and I'm trying really hard not to bug the guys too much about having me back. :)

My birthday this year was pretty uneventful, compared to past years. Last year, we took a helicopter ride through the mountains. The years before, thanks to Paul's job taking him overseas for work, I spent two birthdays in the Netherlands and one in Paris. The year before that, Vancouver (where we got our bags stolen, which made for a pretty unpleasant birthday, actually -- though I think this one was even less pleasant). But we made do. I opted out of a fancy birthday dinner, and we ended up at Applebee's, where we had an entire meal composed of nothing but appetizers (which is usually the best part of the meal anyway). All my favorite stuff -- like boneless buffalo wings and fried pickles and spinach and artichoke dip. And you know what? I had a blast doing it. In fact, I think I might have to do that more often. Then we went home and crashed in front of the TV. Paul's birthday was on Monday, so he didn't exactly get an exciting birthday, either -- but we promised to make up for it later, when I can move freely again.

On Monday, I went back to the store to hang out with the girlies. Miss S was there with a new bag (which will eventually be felted). And she brought her friend, Miss S the older, AKA Big Miss S, whom Little Miss S has gotten hooked on knitting. Miss C also returned (you may recall that she hasn't been there in ages, ever since she had that incident with the scarf that her mom wouldn't let her quit knitting, no matter how sick of it she was). Miss C admitted that she hasn't finished the scarf, but her mom's finally letting her start a felted bag. I helped her pick out her yarn and get started. We also had another newbie, Little Miss H, who seemed a little overwhelmed by the whole thing, but she worked hard on a felted bag of her own -- and she said she'd like to come back. We missed Miss H and Miss A this week -- I hope they'll be back next week.

Being the nasty knitting teacher that I am, I tormented the girlies by bringing my Super Secret Project. If nothing else, I figure it gives them something to talk about when they can't think of anything else to talk about. That thing drives them crazy -- because they just can't seem to guess what it is. I'm so mean, but, well, it's fun.

While I was there, I also ended up buying myself a little birthday present. I couldn't help it. You see, they got their shipment of Barbara G. Walker's knitting treasuries a while ago. And, as you know, I ran right down and picked up my copy of Book 1. I was trying to put off buying Book 2 -- but when I got there on Monday, I saw that there was only one copy left. So what else could I do? I couldn't just let it slip through my fingers again, could I? I didn't think so. So now I have another 700 stitch patterns to drool over -- for a total of about 1300, I think. That should keep me busy for a while.

In project news, the summer cardi is almost finished. I just finished up Sleeve #2 yesterday -- I've just got the button bands to go. I hope to finish them tonight -- and I'll post a picture ASAP. I also picked up my lace a little over the last few days. There's nothing really worth posting there, since I've only finished maybe one full repeat. But it's a start. And it was wonderful to pick it up again. Oh, how I love my lace.

So...pictures to come soon. But for now, it's back to work with me.

Hope you're all staying cool!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you're getting back into the swing of things.... Good for you!!!

We're meeting at Caribou tomorrow... can you join us?

6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]