A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, July 24, 2006

Two Weeks Down...

I've made it through the first two weeks of recovery, and I've learned a very valuable lesson. I'm not a patient person. When someone tells me it's going to take me 4-6 weeks to recover, I figure I'll be better in a week. And when it doesn't go that way, I get a little cranky. But while I'm still medicated, and I still occasionally feel like I've been hit by a bus, I get a little better every day. And I can actually knit for more than a couple minutes at a time now. So I'm happy.

Over the weekend, I got all kinds of brainless knitting done. First, I finished my latest baby sweater:



The bottom one is the one I did earlier in the spring -- just two big skeins of Simply Soft, and I've got two cute baby cardis. Now I'm ready for *two* friends' babies. Bring 'em on!

After I finished, I almost started yet another baby sweater. I blame that on the drugs. But while doing my giddy post-FO dig through my stash, I came to my senses, and I decided that I might as well start another sweater for me. Why the heck not? I deserve it, don't you think? So I started my summery cardi (#221). I'm making it out of a buttery yellow CottonTots that I got for cheap at the Uber Yarn Outlet -- and I'm totally loving it. It feels like buttah. Every once in a while, I stop knitting and make Paul feel how soft it is. And since I'm so pathetic, he humors me. I can't tell you how many times the poor guy has had to feel my sweater, but he hasn't complained once. What a guy.

This afternoon, I had an appointment with the doc (who isn't quite sure what's going on inside me, but she's pretty sure I'm on the right track). Afterwards, I had my chauffeur drop me off at the Merc, so I could knit with the girls. But, as it turns out, there were no girls. Or at least no little girls. So I hung out with the big girls. And Jerry. It was wonderful to get out -- and to see everyone again. And, well, to be around yarn. Yarn, my friends, can cure anything. I'm sure of it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so nice seeing you out and about. We've missed you!

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Glad to hear you’re recovering! Being sick/hurt/not capable of doing normal things is seriously the most frustrating thing in the world – but I completely agree that yarn can heal anything!

The summer sweater is really cute… I may have to make that for myself once this shawl is done!

8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out of town and didn't hear the news about your fall.... how awful!!! I'm so glad that you're on the road to recovery and have plenty of medicine and yarn to keep you happy. Hope you recover quickly!
Beth

1:53 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

glad to hear ur starting to feel better and love the sweaters...too cute! take care and keep gettin' better, girlie!

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]