A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A FO...and Thoughts on Neutrals

Last night I finished up my Summer Cardi! I was actually dying to work on my lace a little more, but I was determined -- I had to finish the sweater first. And I did. Now I just have to pick out the buttons. There are some really cute ones at the LYS -- yellow with some turquoise-y blue. But I'll have to take a look around and see if I can find something a little more...neutral.


The Details:
Pattern: Summer Cardigan (#221) from Knitting Pure & Simple (I made the sleeves shorter than called for)
Yarn: Bernat CottonTots
Color: Sunshine
It only took three skeins! Last time I was at the Uber Yarn Outlet, they had three-skein bags of this color on sale, so I got two. That means I still have enough yarn to make another one (with longer sleeves, even) for Mom -- if she's lucky. Or I suppose I could make a couple of baby sweaters with the rest.

So now...on to Project Spectrum August. July was pretty much a scratch for me, since I seriously cut down on knitting time. But I'm back in the saddle again for August. The problem, however, is that knitting neutrals is tough for me. I always go by the philosophy I read somewhere: Buy neutrals; knit color. So my neutral stash is pretty minimal. I have some light weight cottony stuff that I was going to use for the shawl that ended up being red silk instead. I have a mysterious collection of white acrylic that I think Mom picked up at miscellaneous garage sales. The only other neutral stuff that I have is stuff that's just waiting to be dyed.

Fortunately, there's Mom. Mom has color issues. She dresses in black. And white. I promised Mom I'd knit her a sweater for Christmas. She picked out the pattern (the new Knitting Pure & Simple Bolero (which she wants in a longer length). And she picked out the yarn: KnitPicks' new Quarry boucle in Luna Pearl (black and gray). Neutrals, here I come! Now I just have to order the yarn and hope it comes in before the end of the month (since, while I'm at it, I'm ordering a couple of their new circular needles, too).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater is so cute!!! I don't know how you do it... I work and work on the same thing and I swear it doesn't get any closer to being finished! Let me know how you like the new needles... I'm dying to try them.

Missed you today.... we didn't go to Caribou afterall but had lunch at First Watch. Never did end up knitting a stitch. Maybe that's another reason my sweaters aren't finished! :-)

1:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the cardi - and your "self-portrait with camera" is the best one I've seen in ages!

5:49 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

lovin' that summer cardi - good job, gilrie!

6:08 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

LOL! Thanks Emily! I hate trying to take self-portraits -- especially since my bathroom mirror isn't big, and it's in three sections, which makes for an interesting picture if I don't get the right angle. The mirror in my husband's bathroom is bigger, but there's no way I'm going to take a picture in there. I try to stay out of there. ;)

4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]