A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Still racing...

Two days from now, we'll be on the plane.  My fuzzy peach shell still isn't finished.  But as is usually the case for me, I ran into a bit of a bump in the road.  I perfectly stitched up one shoulder.  Even Paul was impressed with the invisibility of the seam (thanks to the forgiving yarn I'm using).  And, due to my last neck-hole disaster, I took a minute to check to see if, after stitching the other shoulder, I'd still be able to get my huge head through. 

Negative.

My reaction was to throw the top across the living room.  Paul then figured out how to carefully un-seam the shoulder while I worked on the baby blanket that I got guilted into making for a friend.  As I've said before, people I know really need to stop having babies.  I have a poncho and a shawl to knit for myself!

Anyway, after Paul's careful unseaming, I had to start over.  And since I hate finishing, I'm doing it a little at a time.  On Monday, I did the shoulders and finished by nice, long scarf (pictures coming...).  And last night I did one side seam.  Tonight we go to the gym, but I hope I'll still be able to finish the top on Thursday.  Or maybe during lunch breaks.  But I'm determined to finish before we leave... 

The clock's ticking...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]