A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Back from the Great White North

Paul and I arrived home last night after a fun yet exhausting weekend in Toronto, visiting family and friends. I didn't have nearly as much time to knit as I thought I would, though I did get more of my fuzzy tank done. My MIL also helped me finish up my Unfinished Shell of Doom, and it once again lived up to its name. After everything was finished, I was going to try it on -- but I couldn't get it over my huge head. I bound off too tightly, darnit. So it's back to the drawing board on that one. Someday, I'll finish (and by then it'll be well beyond sleeveless-top season).

I did, however, have some time to go shopping. Check out my new stash.


This should keep me busy for a while... Posted by Hello

In the middle is the Fresco for my En Fuego shawl. To the right, you have a pile of cotton (and someone else's UFO), which my MIL picked up for me at a garage sale on Saturday (it came with the old baby clothes pattern book -- for just $1!). Yesterday, my MIL, SIL, and I went on a pilgrimage to Romni Wools. We could have easily spent all day there, but we took off for lunch at my favorite Japanese restaurant after about an hour and a half.

I got the little navy balls, which I plan to use to make another tank, and the shimmery white stuff, which I'm going to use to make yet another shawl. A woman there had just finished crocheting one for her daughter -- it was really soft and shimmery, and it looked great tied around my waist, over my jeans -- and she and I and another lady spent some time determining how to create the knitted version (I think I'll go with my old standby shawl pattern).

I also got an afghan hook at Romni. Jay and Crystal and I spent all day on Saturday looking for one -- so they could teach me how to afghan -- but we finally gave up and went to Chapters for coffee instead (where I also bought that amazing book of baby booties). But I have the hook now -- now I just need to figure out what to do with it.

Today we should find out what our summer holds -- at least as far as our return trip to the Netherlands, where Paul will be in training for a couple of weeks. I already plan to take some Snowflake for Christmas scarves. And maybe I'll bring some stuff for booties. And a shawl or two...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]