A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

24 Hours to Go...

Our flight to Malaysia (actually, our flight to Chicago, from where we'll leave to go to Korea, from where we'll leave to go to Malaysia) leaves in just 24 hours, and there's so much to do!

Over the weekend, we returned to the scene of the crime. We had a wonderful weekend at the cottage, and I didn't fall in any holes. Dad did, however, tell me that I'd probably fall and break my neck if I kept stepping around that spot in the floor the way I do -- but I'm not taking any chances.

Just for the record, I thought I'd share the pictures -- just to explain to those of you who have no idea how I could have managed to inadvertently fall in a hole the way I did and hurt myself as badly as I did. I don't blame you. It sounds totally stupid to me, too.

Here's where the hole is:


See? It's right inside the door. Do you stop to check if there's a floor there every time you walk through the door? Probably not. I didn't. And, just to give you an idea of how far it is down, Dad's about six feet tall -- so the fall is probably a good 4 1/2 feet.

And here's the inside view:


Dad asked me if I wanted to go lie down there so he could take my picture. I said no. In fact, just being close enough to take the picture freaked me out a little bit. (Notice the little device in the upper left corner -- a stopper that will prevent the door from opening when the hole isn't covered. No more falling in holes for my family!)

But there. Now that's over. It's been two months now, and I'm feeling a whole lot better. My rib only bothers me when the weather's about to change (I'm thinking of considering a job in meteorology). And my lung seems to be healing itself. I haven't needed the inhaler much in the last week, and that makes me happy. Hopefully that means our trip will be without incident -- and I'll be back to my crazy old self again very soon. Thank goodness.

In knitting news, I did all kinds of stuff over the weekend -- but, unfortunately, I don't have time to photograph it right now. The Super Secret Mystery Project is done, though -- and I kinda like how it turned out. And I did a lot of work on a baby sweater. I'm writing the pattern as I go, so it turned out to be more of a Small Child Sweater than a Baby Sweater -- but, hey...small children need sweaters, too.

My greatest dilemma is still deciding which projects to take. I've got some sweater stuff ready to go. And I've got the lace. And my BIL's scarf. And a felted bag for my niece. And the cotton for the Ballet Cami. And some other odds and ends. But the question is: what goes, and what stays? What's going to take up too much room? What's going to fill the time without filling the space? Decisions, decisions. I'm way more concerned about packing my knitting than I am about packing my clothes...

But I'll figure it out -- eventually. And the next time you hear from me, I'll be on the other side of the planet (or, perhaps, back from the other side of the planet). Until then, happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Deciding what knitting to pack is always the hardest part of leaving for vacation. Have a wonderful trip - take lots of pictures!!!

and the hole looks pretty awful...

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

so glad u r all (or mostly) better from the fall...that whole is nasty!

have a wonderful time on your trip..."read" you when you get back! :)

5:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip... we'll miss you. Keep us posted on what's going on.

7:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! Take lots of pictures!

7:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]