A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Jittery

I feel like a little kid -- you know, when you were about to go on vacation to someplace really cool, and you just couldn't sit still anymore. That's how I am right now.

First the cottage, then Malaysia. I've been busting my butt this week to work ahead -- review a few movies, edit all the book reviews for the next three weeks, stock up on extra books to review while I'm there... And now, suddenly, I've hit a brick wall.

Okay, maybe it wasn't so sudden. It first hit last Friday. But at least I've been able to work since then. But sometime yesterday, my brain went into eight-year-old-going-to-Disney-World mode. When I try to edit a review, I end up studying the latest security updates to figure out if I can pack a mini solid deodorant in my carry-on (apparently, solid is okay -- incidentally, while you can't carry cattle prods in your carry-on, they're perfectly okay in your checked baggage). When I try to sit down and review something, I end up searching for Malaysian yarn shops online. When I try to update my to-do list, I end up designing baby sweater patterns in my head.

Maybe I should have laid off the coffee this morning.

I ended up skipping last night's screening so we could shop for trip things -- like waterproof disposable cameras -- and do some laundry before we head out to the cottage tomorrow. I also got some time to do a little knitting -- and I'm almost finished with Sleeve #1. I have to tell you, I'm loving this thing. The yarn (KnitPicks Quarry) is really warm and bulky, yet really light. It's a boucle, so it's not always the easiest to knit with (it's really easy to pick up extra yarny loops with your stitches), but I love how it knits up. I think Mom will like it. I'm looking forward to finishing it, though, so I can go back to posting pictures...

BTW - Thanks for the comments on the BIL scarf. I love how deceptively simple it is. If you can do shadow knitting, this is pretty similar. It's so very easy -- but I think it looks really cool. When I'm done, I'll see what I can do about writing up the pattern.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a really great trip.

5:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]