A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Frantic.

Lately, I've been pretty frantic in general. Work has been out of control, and there just aren't enough hours in a week to get everything done and still manage to sleep. But this week has been even crazier, since we leave tomorrow morning for Toronto, for a visit with the in-laws. That means I have one less day to do everything I usually have to cram into my week -- plus I have to do all that last-minute cleaning and laundry and packing...

Yesterday, Paul got home from work a little earlier than usual (since he had a meeting at 7), so we started off by doing our 2-mile trek around the neighborhood to take advantage of the gorgeous weather (speaking of which, I just want to point out to Emily, she of the fabulous dishcloth, that I actually *wore* one of my hand-knit sweaters yesterday!). While dinner was in the oven, we cleaned the bathrooms, and I started some laundry. Paul had hockey last night, so while he was gone I finished up some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and scrubbed the floors. Then, at 10, I sat down to knit, determined to finish my baby sweater. And I had to stay up a bit late to do it, but I pulled it off (well, except for all the ends, which still need to be woven in). Here it is:


One more baby sweater down. And, as planned, I still have enough yarn to do a purple sweater with blue trim. Yea!

So today, being my last day of the week, was overwhelming. So overwhelming that I just couldn't take it anymore. So I do what I usually do when I feel that way -- I went straight to my dear stylist, Heather.

When I lived in Massachusetts, I discovered that the scariest thing about moving to a new place is not knowing any good stylists -- and not knowing anyone who can recommend a good stylist. So, for the 2 1/2 years we lived there, I only got my hair cut when I went back home. Oh, and one more time, when I let my friend Jake the Barber cut it (I'm sure you can imagine how that went). But when we moved to Ohio, I took a chance, and I found Heather. And I love her. She does a great job, and she's just a sweetheart. She's fabulous.

Heather's getting married this fall, and I'd love to knit something cool for her. Any ideas?

So now...after getting a haircut, I feel much less insane. And now it's time to start packing. As usual, my clothes are secondary. What really matters is which projects I'll be bringing. Definitely my new orange sweater. Maybe some dishcloths. And the cursed shawl.

The high point of the trip, however, will be a side trip here. It's totally out of the way, and we'll have to leave extra early to make it, but I don't care. I'm dying to scrounge through their cheap yarn. It's a good thing we're taking the SUV. I'll need the room...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea such a place existed! ooooh ahhhhh
The sweater is cute, too!

5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you do that to me? The yarn outlet is a dream come true. Have fun and think of me when you see sock yarn. Love the baby sweater. Which pattern did you use?

6:11 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

SP -- Just think of this as an exploratory expedition. Next time, we'll road trip it. :) I've got to tell you -- I'm so excited, I don't think I'll be able to sleep...

Oh...and the baby pattern is the cardi, without the hood from KnittingPureAndSimple. Before long, I'll probably have the pattern memorized. :)

10:01 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Yeah I think everyone needs a little plum in their house… :-)

So I’m very jealous of your trip to the yarn outlet – I can’t wait to hear all about it! And I’ve completely stalled on the Adamas too…so don’t feel bad about that… hopefully this Sunday I’ll actually get to working on it… or not. Eh. Your baby sweater turned out great, though!

11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]