A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Adamas Hates Me

Seriously. I don't know what's up with this shawl. I've never had a problem with lace before -- and suddenly I can't get this stupid shawl to work.

Last night, Paul needed to do a few things, and instead of going back to work, I decided to take a whole hour to work on the shawl. In that one hour, I finished TWO STINKING ROWS! I could have finished more, but after knitting those two rows the first time, I realized that I was a stitch off, so I had to rip out another row and a half and start over. Grrr!

Perhaps I'm just not relaxed (or coherent) enough to focus on lace. Perhaps I'm under too much pressure to actually finish it by a deadline. Perhaps I just need to pack up my shawl and go to a secluded little cabin for a weekend -- and there I'd finally be able to make some progress...

After that hour was up, I gave up. I set the shawl aside and picked up my baby sweater -- which, fortunately, cooperated. Before turning in, I finished the first cute little baby sleeve -- just one more sleeve and two button bands to go...then I can start on a new sweater for me.

Really, though, after yesterday afternoon's Knitting with the Kid, you'd think I would have been capable of relaxing enough to knit lace. After all, when I say "Knitting with the Kid," that's not a typo. It was just me and Miss S. It's spring break this week, so everyone was scattered -- and Miss S and I remained behind to hang out and knit in peace. We didn't even have to hide the candy jar.

When it was time to go, Miss S was getting packed up, and she pointed out, "It was really quiet this week."

"I know," I told her, "but it was kinda fun."

"Yeah," Miss S replied, "we should do this more often."

I couldn't agree more.

Finally...V requested a picture of the dyed yarn... So here it is:

The orange didn't turn out as bright as I'd hoped -- more of a bright peach, really. So I'm trying to decide if I want to use the orange for something else and use the yellow and the variegated together...or use the variegated for something else...or just forget about it and use all three (since there actually *is* some of the bright peachy color in the variegated hank)...or dye the orange again... Hmmm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the orange and yellow yarn. If you don't want to work on the shawl, bring it to my house. You know what happens to problem projects here, down the basement stairs.

6:51 PM

 
Blogger V said...

That's really nice! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with it! I love dyeing (not dying...right? lol!). It's so soothing.....

10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]