A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, April 03, 2006

Vote for Me!

Okay...before I get down to knitting business, I have a favor to ask. You see, over at NightsAndWeekends.com, we're holding a little contest to choose the readers' favorite stories, which will be published sometime this summer in our very first book. Voting has been open for a couple of weeks, but I've been so busy promoting the contest in general that I've pretty much forgotten to promote my stories. So please...do me a favor and vote for me! You can vote once per email address -- for up to ten stories. Thanks!

So anyway...on to the knitting.

This weekend, we finally got a little warm weather. Yesterday, in fact, couldn't have been more perfect. So, of course, we ended up totally blowing off the house-cleaning that I swore we were going to do, and we spent yesterday outside. We headed over to the park and went for a four-mile walk. Then we came back and did some reading out on the deck before firing up the grill and grilling up some of the best burgers I've ever had. Yum!

This weekend's knitting-related tally:

Rows done on shawl, which I'm supposed to wear in 8 weeks: 0
Rows done on baby sweater, which doesn't need to be finished until September: lots
Hanks of yarn dyed in April Project Spectrum colors: 2

I'm so very ashamed of myself. Really, I fully intended to work on the shawl this weekend -- at least a little bit. In fact, I was carrying it outside so I could enjoy the sun and get some knitting done, but then I was reminded of the fact that I needed to make the pasta salad to go with the burgers. And I'm afraid pasta salad beat out shawl knitting.

But, on the bright side, the baby sweater is coming along quite nicely...

Isn't it cute? Of course it is. It's a baby sweater. And little tiny baby sweaters are, as a rule, cute. I'm making it out of Simply Soft -- and, despite the yarn's tendency to split from time to time, it really does live up to its name. And knitting with it makes my hands happy. Not only that, but there's no chart, and it requires very little counting, so it's getting more of my attention than the chart-heavy shawl. Paul assures me, however, that I'll have plenty of time to knit in the car this weekend, since we'll be heading to Toronto -- which is about 7 hours away, in good traffic.

Anyone want to wager on how long I'll be able to read a chart in the car before getting carsick?

Speaking of babies, two babies should be arriving this week -- one in Toronto and one in Massachusetts. Yep -- two in the same week! Fortunately, both have been sufficiently knitted for. Two down, three to go...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Gran loves Simply Soft, she makes all of her baby things out of it. I'm going to vote.

6:04 PM

 
Blogger V said...

What a cute sweater! Will you post pictures of the dyed yarn?

11:15 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I haven’t knit anything on my shawl either – at this rate this could become the longest knit along ever!

12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]