A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I've been busy!

Every once in a while, it's so very easy for a knitter to get caught up in wanting to do everything. That's me right now. I wanted to do my capelet in hand-dyes, though it meant tossing a Christmas present aside (one that I think I've been working on since August). Speaking of which, I think I may need to reblock it and stretch out the collar a bit. I didn't expect it to be that tight...

Then I went to work and decided that I needed to make Barbara's poncho. So I did. I started on Thursday, and I finished on Monday night. Now I just need to block, and it's ready to wear. Maybe I'll wear it to work on Friday...

At work, I wanted to make a clutch, from my latest pattern -- so I've been working on that during my Mondays with the kids. It's almost done, but I was working on it on Monday night, at our monthly potluck, and I realized that I needed a few stitch holders, which I didn't have on me. So I started a mohair scarf out of Kid Silk Night in black (which, incidentally, is absolutely spectacular).

But that's only the beginning. I'm also working on the previously mentioned Christmas present, as well as a scarf for my aunt. I have a list a mile long of Christmas presents I'm supposed to make. And I really want a vest for myself now. And I want a mohair shawl. And I have the yarn for a lace shawl, too. And then there are the felted Christmas stockings...and the Christmas ornaments (I've finished three so far). And now I'm trying to find the extra time to play with dyes, too. There just aren't enough hours in the day to work and do all my fiber projects...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]