A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, October 03, 2005

Dyeing with the girls

Yesterday, Julie and Barbara came over for some fun with dyes. Julie, the expert dyer, hung out on the deck and knit on some gorgeous hand-dyed socks while Barbara and I experimented and generally made a mess. Julie took way more pictures than I did, so I'll post more once I get them. But here's what I've got:


Hanks hanging up to dry Posted by Picasa

These are the six hanks that I dyed. Two were Kool-Aid dyes (the blue and the orange). The rest were candy dyes. I have one more hank of Knit Picks yarn to dye -- and three more balls of the other stuff. I think I'm going to have to do another hank tonight after I get home. Barbara says I need purple to go with the orange and green in a capelet that I've got my eye on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]