A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend knitting...

What a wonderful weekend! On Friday morning, I battled the insanity -- loads of laundry gone dreadfully wrong (an ink pen left in a pants pocket), a programming glitch on the site (the host's fault -- not Paul's) that messed everything up, not to mention last-minute work/packing before heading out for the weekend. But when we got on the road at about 12:30, nothing else mattered anymore. Paul took the first leg of the trip, so I navigated while doing a bit of knitting. I didn't do a lot -- I worked on the lace shrug slowly, one repeat at a time, to prevent the car-sickness from hitting. But I finished the first half, so I was happy.

We made it to the cottage by around 7 -- and Mom had dinner pretty much ready. Smoked grillers and homemade potato salad. Yum!

Over the weekend, Mom spoiled us rotten. We ate lots of junk, and we spent a lot of time just lounging. We drank sodas while sitting on the patio. We flew around the lake in the boat. We took naps on the beach. We made S'mores. We stayed up late. We slept in. We went out on the neighbors' Sea-Doo. And it was all over much too soon.

I didn't manage to do a ton of knitting, though I did manage to plan some future projects. I did some work on the shrug, but knitting lace and socializing aren't all that easy to do. So I started my big felted bag. Then I ripped it out. Then I started it. Then I ripped it out. Then I started it again. I finally decided on the size to make it and the needles to use. So now I've finished the base (it's grey), and I've started the first stripe, which is an absolutely gorgeous blue -- KnitPicks' Wool of the Andes in Blue Bonnet. Gorgeous!

So now I've got two more weeks (not even!) to finish the shrug to give me enough time to block it before we pack up and go. The clock is ticking -- but I'm now over half-way, and I know what I'm doing (in other words, no un-knitting 10 rounds, one stitch at a time). I think I can do it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]