A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Back from the dead...

Last Tuesday morning, I woke up with a sore throat. That's always a sign of terrible things to come... So, for the last week, I've been taking endless naps and surrounding myself with boxes of tissue, endless glasses of water, and tons of cold medicine. And I'm finally getting above it (though I'll admit that I did sleep in this morning, but I deserved it -- I worked a 10-hour day yesterday!).

Over the weekend, I did very little. I was finally to the point where, from time to time, I could knit, so I did a bunch of brainless stuff -- three dishcloths, a plain-jane scarf that I've been playing with (and still have to finish, since I want to drop a couple of stitches, and I need Barbara to talk me through it). On Sunday, I was feeling a little better, so I started a really simple lacy scarf for Mom.

Oh, and I also finished this:


The Monday Bag Posted by Picasa

It's my Monday Bag. I've been working on it for the last...oh, six weeks -- but only at the store on Mondays, when my kids' camp kids are in the store. I was almost finished, and since yesterday was our last day of *summer* camp (though we're continuing into the fall -- just later in the afternoon), I decided that now was the perfect time to finish. So I did. And really, it's quite cute if I do say so myself. Kay liked it so much that she bought the yarn to make one of her own (which, of course, is the whole point of knitting store samples...). But I need to get the pattern written up for her by Friday when I work next.

The details:

Yarn: 2 skeins Kraemer Naturally Nazareth Aran in Jack-O-Lantern
and 2 skeins KFI Solstice in color #02

Needles: #10.5 (6.5mm) and #11 (8.0mm) circular needles, 24” (or 16”, depending on what you’re comfortable with)

Finished size (after felting): Approx. 11” W x 3” D x 7” H (not including strap)

Price: US$4.00 for an electronic copy

If you'd like your very own copy of the pattern, email me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]