A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Knitting for chickens...

I just got an email about the new Carrie Kabak blog. Carrie wrote a wonderful book called Cover the Butter, which I reviewed for N&W.com (check out the review) -- and we gave a few copies away to our readers. Apparently, Carrie has a new book on the horizon (which I look forward to reading), and to promote it, she's sponsoring a knitting competition.

But it's not just any knitting competition. We're not talking scarves or baby blankets or hats here. We're talking about knitting a sweater for a featherless chicken. Yep. That's right. A sweater for a featherless chicken. Check it out at carriekabak.blogspirit.com.

In my personal knitting news...last night, I finished the shrug. I have a feeling that it would have been a little more perfect if I hadn't been rushed to the point of no longer reading the directions. But it'll work. Right now, it's drying, pinned down to the basement floor. Keep your fingers crossed...

After I pinned and sprayed, I came back upstairs to start a felted bag to go with my ensemble. I figure I'll finish it in the car on Thursday. And I'll felt it in my MIL's washer on Friday. On Saturday, it'll be wedding-ready. I love felted stuff with bulky yarn. It's so instant...unlike lace shrugs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]