A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, September 19, 2005

Girls' day

I've been trying unsuccessfully all morning to get in and edit this picture, but I just can't do it, so I'll post as-is...

Yesterday, Barbara, Julie, and I hit the road to Yellow Springs, a town this side of Dayton, for their annual Wool Gathering festival. It was my first fiber festival, and I was so excited that I couldn't sleep.


A day away with the girls... Posted by Picasa

It was a relatively small show, but it was so much fun. There were two tents full of vendors, and there were plenty of llamas and alpacas and angora bunnies to pet. And the yarn was amazing. I ended up with two skeins of cotton -- one for a One Skein Wonder for me and a variegated neons skein for something for my niece. I also got two small balls of roving -- because Barbara promised to teach me to spin it. And I got a skein of wool for a mini shawl. On the way back, we made our plans for our big Dyeing Day in a couple of weeks. I need to get on the ball and order the dye-your-own stuff from KnitPicks so it'll arrive in time for us to dye it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]