A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Weekend with a couple of kids...

There were supposed to be a lot of kids, but it didn't quite turn out that way. Saturday was Kids' Day at the store. It was supposed to be a major event, but thanks to a number of factors (not the least of which is major construction going on in front of the store), it wasn't so much of an overwhelming success. Actually, we had three kids. But two of them got to practice their knitting, and one more learned to knit, so it was still a good thing. And we'll be trying it again next month.

We did, however, learn a valuable lesson: if you want kids to sit quietly and learn a new skill, do not provide them with Kool-Aid and all the cookies and Krispy Kreme donuts they can consume. At some point, all hell is guaranteed to break loose, and you'll have crazed children running, shrieking, and disco-ing through the store.

And yesterday my Kids' Summer Camp started. This time, I held off on the cookies, and stuck with the Kool-Aid. Much better.

On top of that, we also had our monthly Knit Night at the store last night. I brought my sock -- which happens to be the same sock I was working on at last month's meeting. And I amazed the little old ladies with my two-circular-needle technique. I'm convinced, however, that I need to learn Sallie's two-socks-on-one-circ technique. It could help me actually finish both socks.

In other knitting news, I'm still working on the shrug, though I've almost finished the back...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]