A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, June 13, 2005

TNNA = Wicked cool

So the part-time job at the yarn store definitely has its perks. One of them: TNNA. Over the weekend, the National NeedleArts Association graced Columbus with its presence for its semi-annual show.

On Friday night, we went to the fashion show, where the quote of the night (credited to my boss, Jan) was: "Hey, look. There's Lily Chin stuffing her face at the chocolate fountain."

Yesterday, my two coworkers and I were set loose on the show. For eight hours. Here are a few of the highlights:

- We met Sally Melville, who's totally cool (and I got an autographed poster)

- We drank champagne while waiting for an autograph from Candi Jensen, who assured me that if I can knit, I can totally crochet the stuff in her book.

- We also met Julie and Jordana of Yarn Girls fame.

- We saw a few others, like Teva Durham, Nicky Epstein, and Melanie Falick, who was wearing the same poncho as my coworker, Barbara (who got the pattern from Melanie's Weekend Knitting).

- The highlight, however, was when Hanne Falkenberg took the jacket off her back for me to try on. I'm totally making one. I don't care how much it costs.

It was interesting to meet all those designers. They were all totally down-to-earth and chatty. There was only one person there who was especially full of herself -- despite the fact that she has no right to be -- though I won't name names.

Overall, it was exhausting, but it was a blast. And now I've got to head back to the store, where I will spend the day dreaming of the stuff I saw yesterday...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]