A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Up at the crack of dawn...

Yesterday my alarm went off at 5:50 a.m. That's just not right. But I was out the door by 6:45, so I could meet Jan, one of my bosses, at the mall before continuing on our drive to Dayton to meet up with the Dayton Knitting Guild. The DKG meets on the third Monday of every month -- at both 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. -- and they have a room where they invite vendors to come and display their wares. Since our store is so new, it was a great opportunity for us to have some face time. We're not that far from Dayton, so we needed to let them know we're here.

We showed up at around 8:30 and got everything set up before the guild members started arriving. I even wore my new sample cape to show it off... :)

The whole day was quite an exciting experience. I'd never been to a guild meeting before -- and it was a blast. Everyone hung out with their knitting while they listened to a speaker talk about making buttons out of polymer clay. Then we had a show-and-tell. Afterwards, we went back to the vendor room for a while before joining a bunch of the ladies at Panera for lunch. We killed some time at a local bookstore (where we found a few books that we need to order for the store), and then we went back to the guild building, where we spent the rest of the afternoon chatting and knitting before the evening group arrived.

It was definitely a long day -- we left the mall at 7 and didn't get back until 9 -- but I had a great time. I met some wonderful people (the women in the Dayton Knitting Guild were so welcoming and fun -- and I hope to be able to visit them again soon). I learned about buttons. We had some time in the car to start planning our kids' day and discussing fall classes. And I got to bond with my boss. Exhausting, but fun. In fact, I'd do it again -- even if it means getting up at 5:50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]