A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Payback

As Mom says, I have received the punishment for my evil ways. I was going to go in to work for a while this afternoon after I had lunch with Paul. But first, I decided to quickly run to JoAnn and check on their Cotton-Ease supply. As I parked my car in the very first spot, I smiled, thinking about how evil I was for going to JoAnn right before work. As I walked through the door, I heard a low rumble that sounded like it could be thunder.

It was.

After I picked out five skeins of Cotton-Ease in Popsicle Blue and a pair of purse handles, I walked to the front of the store to watch the downpour. It was like nothing I had ever seen. I wouldn't have been surprised to see animals go walking by, two by two.

After making my purchase, I dashed out to my car. By the time I ran the 20 feet from the store, I looked like I'd gone swimming with my clothes on. My hair was a rat's nest, all soaked and blown. My shirt was stuck to me. I felt like I wet my pants. And my shirt. I called work and told them I wouldn't be coming.

But I did get my Cotton-Ease.

I can't imagine what kind of evil acts the woman behind me in line was being punished for. Not only did she have to run to her car in that downpour, but she had also thought to open her sunroof to cool off her car a bit while she ran into the store. She much have done something *really* bad...because the karma police kicked her good and hard.

I hope she at least got some Cotton-Ease out of the deal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]