A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Discontinued...

At some point, I will learn that discontinued yarn is merely discontinued. It's not going to become a collector's item.

Recently, Lion Brand discontinued Cotton-Ease, a yarn that I've happily worked with before -- and that I've heard is great for a few patterns that I've wanted to try out. So last week, I went to JoAnn's to buy a few skeins. I got five. The next day, I went to Michael's to see if they had any at a bargain-basement price. No such luck.

On Saturday, one of the regulars at the store told me how she'd gone to JoAnn's (a different one) the previous weekend and had got Cotton-Ease on sale for A BUCK FIFTY! She said it had been half off the $3 clearance price. So there I went on Sunday, off to the other JoAnn's to find Cotton-Ease, which I don't actually need right now, but you never know when it'll be the perfect thing for an upcoming project, though I won't be able to use it because it's discontinued.

At the other JoAnn, I found nothing. Well, I found the yarn, but it was back up to $3. They did, however, have a color that I hadn't previously purchased. Did I buy it? No, but I agonized over it for a while. And I have every intention of checking back on Thursday, when I'll be in the neighborhood. If it's any cheaper than $3 then, you can almost guarantee that I'll buy 'em out.

All this over discontinued yarn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]