A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, February 28, 2005

Another great excuse to knit

I've always loved watching the Oscars. And I love it even more now that I can knit through the whole thing. Actually, Paul and I had a really laid-back day yesterday. We watched a lot of TV, and I did a lot more work on my vacation tank. I finished the front, and now I just have 21 decrease rows on the back and the straps...and then I'm done. So I put that project down for a while and did a little work on a little felted bag that I started a couple of weeks ago.

I'll admit that I was a little uptight about the whole Chris Rock thing at first. I didn't know if he was the right person to host the Oscars. But I think he did a really good job of making the whole thing more...human. My favorite part was when he went to an actual theater and asked the normal Joe Movie Watcher about the awards. It was funny -- none of them had seen Million Dollar Baby (which eventually won the award for Best Picture), but they'd all totally loved White Chicks. That's a little bit like me. I didn't see many of the films that eventually won the awards (I did, however, see The Incredibles over the weekend), but I absolutely loved some of the movies that weren't nominated -- and never would be.

But hey -- I love watching the Oscars anyway... And it's a great excuse to knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]