A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, August 16, 2004

A long relaxing weekend with my needles...

The weather went from sweltering and humid to cold and rainy over the weekend, so I spent most of the weekend on the couch, watching the Olympics and knitting. I've come a long way on the baby blanket, which is good, since I leave for Michigan next Thursday, and it's got to be finished then... I also finished another one of my Christmas scarves. I was tempted to start up another project after finishing the scarf -- like another Christmas scarf, or a bag, or maybe some baby booties, or that poncho that I've been meaning to start (or else I won't be able to wear it until next fall). But I kept working on the blanket...gotta finish the blanket... And then there's the En Fuego shawl that's been paused. So much for wearing it this summer...!

On Saturday, while I was shopping for Paul's birthday presents, I was right next door to A.C. Moore, so I thought I'd just stop in for a minute. I was shocked and overwhelmed by what I found. A.C. Moore is apparently clearing out a ton of their stock to make way for the fall stuff, and it was all on clearance. There were boxes and boxes of marked-down yarn, and I just couldn't pull myself away. I eventually left, determined to return later with a few projects in mind. So we went back Saturday night (in search of frames for our prints from the Van Gogh Museum), and I picked up some Lion Polarspun for a poncho for my niece (though I couldn't find a kids' pattern I liked, so I'm going to have to come up with that on my own) and some Cha-Cha for a fun guitar strap for my brother-in-law. Now I need to watch a lot of movies in the next four months so I can get everything done in time for Christmas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]