A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Home, but not recovered

We made it home on Saturday evening, after two days of dashing through train stations and airports. And I'm still suffering from a mix of jet-lag and absolute exhaustion. While I was gone, I managed to finish one of my Christmas scarves (though I like it so much that I don't know if I'll be able to part with it...) and most of the second. And I started my crocheted belt. I didn't finish as much as I'd ambitiously planned, but what was I thinking -- that I was going to sit around in my hotel room for two weeks? Not quite...

The trip was a lot of fun, though. Paul and I got to spend quality time with our friends in Delft -- we even took a trip to Germany for a day with our friend Nick. Then it was off to London, where we saw everything we possibly could -- we toured the Tower of London (which was a serious Monty Python moment for us, causing us to burst out into "We're knights of the round table...we dance whene're we're able...") and Westminster Abbey (where I got appropriately choked up at the grave of Geoffrey Chaucer). And then we rented a car and took to the countryside.

Since returning home, we've spent a lot of time comatose in front of the TV. I go between Christmas Scarf #2 and the baby blanket that I'm working on for a friend. It sounds like I'll be seeing him and his new baby in a few weeks, so I'd better get to work. He had originally told me that he was positive they were having a boy, so I could just go out and buy blue yarn for that blanket. It's a good thing I went with a nice safe yellow -- because they had a girl.

I still have the En Fuego shawl staring at my from my knitting basket, and the yarn for my fall poncho is ready to go. I've got a lot of work to do -- I need to talk Paul into watching a lot more TV. Too bad he's not a football fan -- I see that Monday Night Football started last night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]