A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Babies Galore

Today was the baby shower for little Orange Banana / Frodo Skywalker. That meant that yesterday, it was all about the babies. First, I had to run around and do all the last-minute errands -- you know, pick up a few last-minute add-on gifts like Velcro wrist rattley things. And then I had to get the gift bags and tissue paper and fancy curling ribbon.
Here we have the finished product:


Then, a strange thing happened: I actually became obsessed with knitting baby stuff. I know. Weird. So I started hunting for patterns and digging out cotton yarn in various shades. I even went to JoAnn's and bought more cotton and more cute baby buttons. Then I finished off a bib that I made this week:


Cute, huh? And so very simple. Here's the pattern. (Funny story -- last week, when Chandra and I went out for coffee, we were talking about knitting bibs, and I said I'd just found a pattern online, and we both, at the same time, pulled out a print-out of the same bib pattern. Great minds, I suppose.)

So then I started thinking about more baby projects. Like those little burp cloths from the Mason Dixon book, which I just got out of the library. And I started designing little bib patterns of my own (just wait until you see what I've got up my sleeve there...). And now I have a coffee table piled with balls of cotton baby yarn, just waiting to be turned into cute little baby gifts. I'd better get right to work -- because you never know when the novelty of this whole baby-knitting insanity will once again wear off, and I've got a whole slew of babies to knit for...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Hiya:

The bib pattern link is coming up as an "Error 404 - File not found" page... could you post the pattern, if copyright permits?

Thanks!

11:50 AM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Hi Cynthia -- Sorry about that. I'm still getting used to the new Blogger. I've fixed the link, so it should work now. You can find the pattern here: http://www.knitlist.com/2003/babybib.htm.

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Works like a charm now, thanks! This may be just the ticket for a quickie shower gift... while I'm knitting like crazy on the christening blanket!

1:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute jumper and booties, and the bib is great. I'm going to have to make one now.

3:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]