A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hockey Wife Bleacher Cozy Pattern



Materials:
Worsted weight wool, approximately 220 yards of main color (A) and scraps of coordinating color (B). I used my own hand-dyed yarn (Kool-Aid: Cherry and Orange)

Size 10.5 needles

Gauge:
Approx. 15 st. = 20r = 4” in st. st. (though gauge isn’t critical for felted items)

Finished Size:
17.5” wide by 18” long (pre-felting)
13” wide by 11.5” long (post-felting)

Directions:
With A, CO 65 sts.
Work 4 rows in garter st. (knit all sts.)
Switch to B

Row 1: knit
Row 2: k3, p to last 5 sts, k3
Repeat these two rows two more times (for a total of 6 rows)
Switch to A
Repeat rows 1&2 until piece measures 16”
Switch to B
Repeat rows 1&2 three more times (6 rows total)
Switch to A
Work 4 rows in garter st.
Bind off loosely

Felt to desired size. To dry, pin down on a towel or other blocking surface. This will help to flatten the piece and to straighten out the edges.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THat pattern has so many applications for sporting 'widows'.

6:37 AM

 
Blogger Karen said...

I love that! My kids take skating lessons, and my best friend's son is a hockey player. I see these in my future. Thanks so much. Now, who is the Einstein that put metal bleachers in the ice rinks to begin with???

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm sooooo making this!! And those are the colors (along w/ black) my hubby's team...how fun!
Thank you sooooooooo much for the pattern!!

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]