A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yea for Sales!

There's nothing I love more than a good sale -- especially when it's yarn that's on sale. So yesterday, while Chandra and I were sipping coffee at our new favorite cafe (any place that has a thing called a Strawberry Cheesecake Mocha is just fine by me) and doing a little knitting (I finished the first of many ribbed hats from One-Skein Wonders), I remembered that Hobby Lobby was having a sale on its Yarn Bee yarn -- everything was 50% off. That, of course, meant that, after finishing our yummy drinks, we had to run right over to Hobby Lobby.

I was especially excited about the sale because of Chandra's baby sweater. When Chandra first found out that she had a little bun in the oven, she started working on a baby sweater in a soft, gorgeous yarn in a soft gray-ish color. It's beautiful -- and I've been drooling over the yarn ever since. This yarn, it turns out, is a Yarn Bee yarn -- Soft Delights Baby, I believe it's called -- so I was excited to run out and buy some for myself. And I was even more excited to run out and buy some for myself at 50% off!

The only problem was choosing a color. Chandra and I stood there (trying to avoid the people who were, for some reason, doing inventory in the middle of the day...in the middle of the yarn aisles...in the middle of a big sale) for ages, trying to decide. Eventually, she went with a pretty minty greenish (though she left really frustrated that she won't find out if she's having a boy or a girl for a few more weeks -- and she decided against my "just get one for each" suggestion), and I went with a stunning deep purpley-blue. Since the yarn has an incredible 377 yards per skein (!!), we figured three skeins would do just fine for a sweater -- and that put us back a whole $8. Could I pass that up? Heck no! In fact, there's a chance that I may run out and get more before the sale ends (especially since you can make a baby sweater out of one skein -- with a ton left over).

While I was dreaming about my new yarn last night, I decided on a pattern. I may need to finagle a bit to get the right gauge, but I'm hoping it'll work. Sure, I have no idea when I'll actually get around to starting it (considering I already have another sweater on the needles, as well as another one that I'm thinking about), but I'm excited to work with the yarn. It's like buttah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Uh-oh! You just had to say "50% off" didn't you!? I have a sweater, slippers and a scarf on the needles. I just ordered sock yarn. I have Lion and Lamb waiting to be made into Clapotis... But now that it's cold I am dying to make a Log Cabin afghan! Doggone it. Now I have to go to Hobby Lobby. Tell me not to go.

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

The deep purpley-blue sounds fabulous - sounds like you should post a little yarn pr0n to show it off! : )

8:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you scored a great bargain. Do we get to see pictures? Welcome back to the blogosphere by the way, we missed you.

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]