A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Not Dead Yet!

Somehow, I managed to make it through last week in one piece. One very tired piece, but one piece nonetheless. On the morning of Day Two of Film Insanity, before Screening #3, I looked up at one of my fellow critics from my seat in the theater lobby and said, "I don't think I'll make it through tomorrow." He looked down at me with a completely blank expression and said, "Huh?"

Exactly.

On Day Three, we arrived at the theater, only to be told that the print wasn't there yet. We who remained behind to wait for it (since most of us travel a half hour or so to get to the theater) tried to make conversation, but we were too exhausted. After an hour or so of waiting, we were told that the screening was cancelled -- and we'd most likely have to show up on Friday morning (the morning that we were all planning on sleeping through) to make up for it.

In the end, of the six movies I watched, only two of them were really any good. That makes for a very long week.

After it was all over, I spent Friday night doing nothing but watching TV and knitting. I managed to finish Sleeve #1 of the Obnoxious Pink Sweater and whip out 3 1/2 repeats on the shawl.

On Saturday morning, we skipped town. We wandered around for a while until we reached the Fiestaware Factory Outlet in West Virginia, where we dug through their seconds in search of nearly-perfect plates and things to add to our rainbow of dishes. Then we drove on to Pittsburgh. On Sunday, we spent the day wandering through IKEA, weighing the pros and cons of various shelving units to hold our ever-growing DVD collection. We finally made a decision, only to discover that it might not fit in our little CR-V. Fortunately, it did (*just*), and, as an added bonus, it matches the entertainment center in our living room almost exactly. Of course, it will be full in a year's time or less, but it looks nice for now. And I'm thinking we may have to stop at the IKEA in Michigan on our way back from Mom and Dad's at Christmas and buy another one, just to even out our living room.

This week, fortunately, isn't nearly as crazy. I skipped yesterday's morning screening, which left only two evening screenings. I'm looking forward to Thursday, when Paul and I will have our first real sit-down dinner at home in almost two weeks.

Somewhere in there, though, I still managed to reach my goal of finishing my Fabulous Fireball Shawl. It isn't blocked yet -- I'll do that over the long weekend. I was going to post a picture of the shawl pre-blocking, but Blogger won't let me (grrr!). So I guess I'll just have to wait.

I'm so proud of myself for finally finishing it. If I had any more energy than, say, the living dead, I would currently be dancing around the house with joy. But alas, I'll have to save that for some time when I'm caught up on sleep. I'm thinking January.

In other news, I met up with the Knitastic girlies yesterday. We had a nice big group of five -- and we were happy to see that Miss S the Small was back and healthy once again. She actually approved of our new name -- what a relief! Miss A was going to make a banner for our group, but she didn't have the time. Instead, she came in her very own hand-painted Knitastics T-shirt! I was so very proud of her! I've been meaning to design T-shirts for the girls, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. And now that Miss A has even designed a logo for our group (no kidding!), I'm all set.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

phew - i'm tired just reading your post! glad you finally get to sit down and catch your breath! enjoy your holiday, kristin!

8:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you survived your week. Miss A sounds like a real organiser.

6:08 AM

 
Anonymous uk essay writing said...

Great story, I only should thank you for yet another superb article.

10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]