A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sweater and Stuff

First of all, before I get to the knitting content, a little business content. We've got an incredible contest running on the site right now. We're giving away two prize packages of three games each (totaling well over a hundred bucks). To enter, all you have to do is fill in the entry form and answer a couple of questions (we even tell you where you can find the answers). If you enter, you'll be included in our weekly mailing list, but that means you'll get links to the latest reviews, so it's not all that bad, really.

You can find more information about the contest here.

(I also finished a few new knitting-book reviews. You can find them listed over on the right menu.)

So anyway...back to knitting. Paul once again left me this week. He spent the beginning of the week in Boston, which meant that I spent the beginning of the week working overtime, staying up late, and eating take-out. I didn't get a ton of knitting time, but I did have enough to finish the body of the sweater. I took a picture after I got in on Tuesday night. It's very late, and I'd just sat through a long and depressing movie, so pardon me if I look a little stoned.



I did a little work on the sleeves last night, but I realized that figuring out the sleeve shaping would take a bit of thought -- and I was too engrossed in reality TV to actually think. So I worked on my lace instead. I'm getting a little restless to finish it -- so I can start working on *more* lace. I began my 39th repeat last night. If my calculations are correct, I have 24 to go. Fortunately, it gets easier and easier with every repeat. In fact, I actually worked on it yesterday while I was having coffee with Chandra. She was pretty impressed that I could sit in a coffee shop and knit lace, but this pattern is seriously deceptive. It may look impressive, but it's really easy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is starting to look great. So what was the really boring movie?

5:50 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

cute sweater! I can't wait to see how the sleeves turn out...

I entered the contest over at nights and weekends... the toss game looks like a boxed version of cornhole!

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

love the sweater - super cute!
i also entered the contest and love the game reviews on your site. my family LOVES playing games, so i need to sign them all up so we can pick which ones we want to buy for our next get-together!

6:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]