A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Friday, September 29, 2006

Back to Knitting

It's been one heck of a long week. At first, I thought it was going to be a slow one -- just a couple of screenings, and I'd have the rest of the week to catch up here at my desk. I even skipped screenings this week, and it was still more than I can handle. They say it takes a day for every hour of time difference to recover from jet lag -- so I've got until Monday yet.

I have, however, squeezed in a little bit of knitting time. I managed to overcome my Second Sleeve Syndrome. First, I finished the little sweater. Then I finished the Christmas sweater, which I intend to photograph and show off to everyone but the intended recipient very soon. After I finished both the sweaters, though, I had no idea what to do with myself. It had been such a long time since I'd actually though about what project I'd work on next -- mostly because, while we were in Malaysia, I didn't have much of a choice. I had what I brought with me, and that was it. But now I have my whole stash again, just waiting for me to jump in and pull something out. I'm thinking of trying to make up a fall-ish sweater in that obnoxiously-bright pink I bought in the spring. But, while I was thinking about sweaters, I got a little sidetracked, and I decided to start on a felted bag for my niece instead.

I do have a picture to share, though -- to show how much lace knitting I did while I was away. I spent a lot of time working on the shawl when Paul had to work late. He'd come back to the room to find me knitting away on my lace and watching episodes of The Tick on DVD. Oh, it was a fabulous time, just me and my lace and The Tick. And though this shawl seems to be taking *forever*, I'm at least getting *somewhere*. Here's a blurry picture of my progress (I've been a little jittery this week -- too much coffee):



And here's a close-up:



Remember how, at first, I was a little hesitant about the striping? Well, I love how the colors are working out now. *Love* it! I can't wait to finish it. I think I'm going to have to start watching movies at home -- so I can get some quality knitting time in. Obviously, just watching my taped episodes of my favorite guilty pleasures (America's Next Top Model and Project Runway) just isn't cutting it.

2 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

If you do go to visit Sam about the needles, tell him I sent you so he knows he's getting good press, okay?

2:53 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

that shawl is amazing!!! Love... LOVE the stripy... I can't wait to see it blocked!

hope you have a great weekend and that the jetlag goes away!

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]