A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kaari Doesn't Do Cute.

My soon-to-be-five-year-old niece, Kaari, is a tomboy to the extreme. And she's very adamant about it. Not long ago, when my mom was discussing the possibility of Kaari getting to decorate a room of her own, Mom suggested that they could find something really cute.

Kaari gave her a look of disdain and replied, "I don't do cute, Grandma."

So that left me with a challenge: I'd promised Kaari that I'd make her a felted purse for Christmas, but it couldn't be cute. So I had to wing it. She likes purple, so I went with purple. And she likes things with fur, so I went with fur. And it had to be big -- because she needs something to carry all of her coloring books and Matchbox cars. I started it on Thursday, and I finished it on Sunday. Gotta love a quick project! Here's what I got, pre-felting:



I was so eager to see how it turned out that I felted it on Monday night, and here she is -- Kaari's Not Cute Felted Purse:



All it needs now are a couple of not-cute decorative buttons and a little velcro.

So hey...speaking of FOs, wanna see the Fabulous Christmas Sweater? Click the link below.

WARNING: IF YOU GAVE BIRTH TO ME, DO NOT, I REPEAT, **DO NOT** CLICK THE LINK BELOW!

Click here for the Christmas Sweater

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

love love love the felted not-so-cute purse (altho i think it's cute as can be, in a not-so-cute kind of way, of course lol) and the sweater looks great, too!!

5:09 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

That purse is so (not) cute!!! Love it.

the sweater looks amazing too - very soft and snuggly!

3:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sweater, and I hate to say it, but that purse is so cute. "I don't do cute grandma" really made me laugh.

5:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]