A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mom Sometimes Listens

I talked to Mom last night, and, as is often the case, the subject of knitting came up. She told me she'd just finished a sparkly red scarf. I mentioned the Not Cute Bag that I'd finished for Kaari.

"And you finished my Christmas present," she noted.

"You didn't click on the link, did you?" I asked.

"No, but I saw it. And the note. Very funny."

"It's really cute," I told her. "I think you'll like it. Actually, I may have to wear it a few times before Christmas."

So Mom lamented the fact that everyone in the world gets to see what her sweater looks like -- except her. I'm just proud of her for not clicking the link. And, frankly, I'm a little surprised.

In other news...it looks like it's time to dig out the baby yarn again. While a few of my fellow film critics and I were sipping margaritas at Don Pablo's last night, discussing Jessica Simpson's inability to act, one of the guys announced that he's going to be a dad. Time to knit another baby sweater...!

And finally, my weekend begins in just a few hours. Yea! Tomorrow is our anniversary -- five whole years! Since new company policies left Paul with all kinds of vacation days that he has to use this year or lose, he's taking the day off. We don't really have anything planned, other than mowing the lawn and shopping for a sport coat for Paul. So what are we doing in the evening to celebrate five years of wedded bliss, you ask? Why we're going downtown, grabbing an early dinner, and heading off to the Blue Jackets opener. WOOHOO!

Seriously people, is my husband lucky, or what? It's our fifth anniversary, and I'm totally excited about spending it watching hockey. That Paul is a lucky, lucky man. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Happy anniversary!!!

My two year is on Monday - we were probably married on the same weekend only a few years apart. Small world!

Sipping margaritas at Don Pablo's is one of my fav. things to do ever. We used to go every Tuesday for happy hour back in college... anyways.

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

happy early anniversary!!!! and i'm super-jealous that u get to go to the jackets game...have fun and cheer a little for me!

5:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

5:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]