A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Knowing When It's Over

Have you ever had one of those relationships -- one that you just knew wasn't right for you? You had that sneaking suspicion from the beginning, but you just let it go, thinking it would work itself out in the end. You tried to pretend there weren't any problems, but something in the back of your mind kept nagging at you, telling you that maybe it was time to move on. But you let it go too long. You made excuses. You talked yourself out of ending it. Because ending it is never any fun.

I was faced with that same dilemma today. Do I end this relationship? Or do I continue with it, pretending that everything was okay, when I knew it wasn't? I tried talking myself out of it for a while. I tried really hard to tell myself it was going to be okay. But I was lying to myself.

If Britney can do it, I told myself, so can I.

So I did it. I ended it.

Before:


It took me less than two songs on my MP3 player to do the ripping. Then it was over. And I felt much better. I don't have to avoid it anymore. I can just pick up my needles and start over. And that's just what I did. I did the first couple of rounds, with five extra stitches.

After:


Despite the initial sting of the frogging, it's all good. Actually, there were a couple of other little things that kinda bugged me about the sleeve the first time around, so now I can fix them. So it'll take the extra time, but it'll be worth it in the end. Really. It will.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

phew...i'm glad that's done...i was feelin' your pain, girl. and you CRACKED ME UP w/ the "if britney can do it" comment HAHAHAHAHA!
you know the new sleeve is going to kick the old's doopa...bring it on, girlie!

6:32 AM

 
Blogger Mark Pfeiffer said...

It's good to know you're happier with it now. I dread the day I have to rip out that much.

3:27 PM

 
Anonymous custom written essays said...

Looks amazingly great, fresh color and beautiful design

5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]