A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Snow + Rain = Bleh.

Last week at this time, we were in the process of becoming totally snowed in. This week, it's 45 and rainy. Yuck. Weather like this makes one want to curl up and take a nap.

Yesterday was another quiet day with the Knitastics. Or, more appropriately, the Knitastic. All the snow days (and too-cold days) and holidays we've been having lately have meant that the girls have been staying home. And I'd like to point out that Miss S has blown me off two weeks in a row now -- which means that she's no longer allowed to point out to me on a weekly basis that they came on the Fourth of July last summer and I wasn't there (despite the fact that I'd given the store -- and those who had been in attendance the week before -- adequate warning). Miss A did show up, though, and we had a fabulous time, just the two of us, talking about movies and pickles and my crazy niece and nephew. That, and knitting. And eating Skittles (which we're allowed to do, since we're not the ones with the hyperactivity problem...). All in all, it was a lovely day.

In other knitting news, the baby sweater is done. Kinda. I just have to do a little bit of finishing. I'll post a picture as soon as I'm *really* finished.

And the blanket is still in the works. It's been a fabulous project to work on -- since it keeps me warm while it keeps my hands busy. Granted, there are a few little goofs in it (goofs that the untrained eye won't care about -- so there's no way I'm ripping out all those rows to fix them). But it's going to be big and warm and cozy, and I love it already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

I agree - this weather makes me want to curl up into a ball and knit. The rain has finally hit cleveland and it is YUCKY out there. Boo to that.

Your bleacher coozie is cute, though!

5:33 PM

 
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Hooray for leaving in goofs! Seriously, that makes me feel a little better about choosing not to rip out what looks like a mistake in the baby blanket I'm knitting. Mine may be more visible to the untrained eye, though.

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]