A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy V-Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! Following yesterday's snow...then ice...then more snow, we're still stuck at home. I've only seen a few people even try to get through the neighborhood today -- and those who did spent more time spinning their tires and/or trying to dig themselves out of sticky situations than actually getting anywhere. Paul's office was closed again today, so the poor guy's been working in the next room for two days. It's been nice for me -- since I don't usually have someone to eat lunch with, but I'm sure he's getting a little cabin-fever-y. The snow has finally stopped, it seems, so I'm sure he'll be back to work tomorrow -- but, since the snow plows show up in our neighborhood a week or so after the snow falls (if even then), he'll probably have to take my car. I'm guessing the Mustang wouldn't make it out of the driveway. He'd be lucky to make it out of the garage with that thing.

I skipped last night's screening, and I ended up spending the whole glorious night sitting around, watching TV, and knitting. It would have been a lot more glorious if I'd been knitting something other than a baby sweater, but I'll take what I can get.

Here's the picture I tried to post yesterday:


Last night, I finished Sleeve #1, so I'm almost there. Just one more sleeve, some ties, and a little sewing left to go. Then I can take another break from baby sweaters -- but not for long, since Paul's sister's due in June.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Adorable baby cardi! I seem to spend a lot of time making baby things, too. I like the Mason-Dixon baby kimono. It's really speedy. I bookmarked that pattern, though.

6:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a gorgeous cardigan, and thanks for the link too.

7:18 AM

 
Blogger kdk said...

The cardi is so quick and easy! I finished it in no time flat -- well, not exactly finished. I still have to do the hood seam and sew on the ties...but I've got another week or so until the shower. :)

Karen -- I hear there are some great patterns in the Mason-Dixon book. We were just talking about the bibs the other day. Unfortunately the LYS is all out. I'm going to have to try the library...

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

That yarn is so pretty...I love the color!

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]