A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, February 01, 2007

As Requested...

Crappy pictures! For some reason I couldn't get the color quite right on these babies, but, well, you get the idea.

First, the gratuitous stash shot:


Yes, there's even more there than I previously reported. I've been busy. I blame it on Chandra. Really. It's all her fault.

At the top left, we have the purpley-blue oh-so-soft yarn for an upcoming sweater. Below, a couple of skeins of really cute purple, green, and white stuff, to be used to make a sweater for our friends' baby, due in April (Orange Banana if it's a girl, Frodo Skywalker if it's a boy). I bought the yarn when Chandra FORCED ME to go back to Hobby Lobby. Really. I had no choice (Sure, I drove, but I swear she was holding a gun to my head). In the middle, there's also a skein of black and white sparkly stuff that I thought would make a fun belt. And why the heck not? It was 50% off! Also Chandra's fault. Really. On the top right, two of the six skeins I bought last night because our recent freezing-cold spell has made me determined to knit a blanket (one that Paul still insists we don't need -- but I really don't care). And, finally, the awesome hank of hand-dyed stuff.

And now, for the close-up:


Isn't it gorgeous? Chandra and I decided to experiment with acid dyes on Saturday, and this is what I ended up with. She ended up with this beautiful green. Talk about incredible results! Yea for acid dyes!

So...in other knitting news, it's been another crazy week here in the Land of Knitting ADD.

Monday was another insanity-filled adventure with the girls. We discussed Global Warming. Key points of the discussion included: (A) Miss S doesn't believe in it, and (B) it doesn't matter if the polar icecaps melt -- because humans will just grow gills.

Nope. I'm not kidding.

We also discussed Miss S's reputation as being a "hateful person" -- seriously...her words, not mine -- and how letting people know that she has a crush on a boy would totally ruin her reputation.

I'm glad I'm no longer in sixth grade.

There were lots of other things discussed, though I couldn't distinguish them because they were all discussed on top of each other. I was supposed to be paying attention to all of them, of course, but here's a little secret I'm going to share: I can only really pay attention to one thing at a time. Crazy, huh? So the girls kept talking over top of each other, louder and louder and louder, until I had to yell, "VOLUME! TURN IT DOWN!!"

My other favorite point in the day was when Miss M decided to sing that one song about the 50 states. No matter how hard the girls tried, no one could get her to stop. The only way to make her stop was to yell, "That's it! Stop making everyone crazy!"

So yeah. It was a good day.

I did, however, find a great idea while I was flipping through a book and trying to maintain some level of sanity -- there was a pattern for a seat pad. I figured it would be perfect to make on that's bleacher size -- so I won't freeze my butt off when I go to watch Paul's hockey games. (Who on Earth thought it would be a good idea to put metal bleachers inside a hockey arena anyway?) So I went running home, pulled out some yarn, and started up right away. I finished last night -- and I'm felting it right this very minute. Cross your fingers...

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

OOOH! Such yarny goodness! I may have to post some shots of my most recent acquistions this weekend since this past week seems to have been all about adding to the stash.

I so know what you mean about wanting to knit a blanket right now. Deeeeeep frrrreeezze. And I get the knitting ADD thing. I wrote a whole post on it not long ago... wondering if that's truly what it was, or if there is a method to my madness.

9:09 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

A felted seat pad to watch the boys play hockey? What a fantastic idea!!! Please post a pic of the FO and let me know where I can find the pattern, if it wasn't a difficult one.

Been chatting w/ Mark about making a Sat. or Sun. daytrip to your C-Town for a knit together...you game? No date picked, just an idea for now. Can't to meet you both : ) I'll have to get Jeanne on board, too.

12:25 AM

 
Blogger the secret knitter said...

I guess they're still teaching "Fifty Nifty United States" in school choirs. Maybe my ability to rattle off every state in alphabetical order isn't strange enough to have included in that six weird things about me meme. Tell the girls Ray Charles wrote the song--it's true--and see if any of them know he was. (You mean Jamie Foxx?)

10:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather you than me, you should get some sort of reward for teaching knitting to young girls. Large groups of young children scare me. The yarn is beautiful too.

9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]