A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Adventures

The weekend started off on a bit of a low point. As we were rushing around Friday evening, we discovered that we had a glitch in N&W.com's newsletter function. So if you've tried to sign up recently (and really, you should do so now -- we've got an *awesome* contest going this month!) and didn't get a confirmation, head over to the sign-up page and try again.

We spent Friday evening trying out my brand-spankin'-new ball-winder. I wound my recent hand-dyes. I was going to start working on Christmas stockings, since I've been getting a bit of crap about that recently, but then I remembered why I hadn't started them yet -- I needed some white furry yarn for the top...

On Saturday, I hung out with Julie and the girlies. After doing some shopping, we headed back to their place, where Julie and I broke down and started dyeing stuff. We couldn't help ourselves. She had some purple and navy --which looked *really cool* as a dip-dye. We only did samples to start, but I can't wait to do the real thing next time.

Once Julie's husband showed up to relieve us of our duties, kid-wise, we headed to Michael's, where I stocked up on Allure (on sale) for the stockings. And Julie talked me into some new lace yarn, too. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but she let me use her 40% off coupon, so how could I say no? We also stopped by Wal-Mart, where we picked up even more dyeing supplies. We're going to have to start selling this yarn soon -- because we sure as heck won't be able to use all of it...

I spent Saturday night and Sunday night working on Paul's stocking. I figured I'd do his first -- so he can't complain anymore. So far, the unfelted version looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it when it's done! I should be able to finish the knitting tonight -- Wednesday at the latest. Looks like we may have hand-knit stockings this year, after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]