A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, November 14, 2005

So...how did I do?

Last week, I set a pretty lofty goal -- not to start any more projects until I finished a couple. Let me tell you -- it sure as heck wasn't easy. I've been dying to start the alien scarf from Stitch 'n Bitch for my brother-in-law. But I can be pretty stubborn when I put my mind to it. So instead of starting a new scarf, I finished the lacy Christmas scarf that I started...oh, I don't even want to think about how long ago. It's all done but the blocking. And I finished up some mittens for my niece. I bought some thread for sewing the clasp on my capelet, though I haven't done it yet (mostly because I'm not sure what kind of needle I should use). And, on top of all that, I even managed to finish almost half of a baby blanket (again, from Stitch 'n Bitch, which I currently have out of the library) for our friends in Toronto. Their baby isn't due until April, but I figured it would be a good idea to get the blanket to them at Christmas -- or else they may not get it until a couple of months after the baby is born, and what fun is that?

So I've declared myself successful in my mission. That was quite a feat, really, since I could barely knit yesterday, after I destroyed all of my good knitting muscles while raking the yard on Saturday. Now I barely have any projects left on the needles. Since I have to go and knit with the girls today, I may have to come up with something small and simple (since it's next to impossible to work on something that requires attention/time/thought when you're attempting to knit with three girls ranging from 10-14). So I may have to start another project today. Maybe another Christmas-gift scarf. Or a dishcloth. Those are always good. Or both. Heck. I deserve to start a few projects after showing such amazing restraint over the weekend, don't you think? I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]