A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

And one more thing...

I just came up with another goal: I need to learn to read and knit at the same time. I have one of those page-holders that's supposed to hold on to a few sheets of paper while I'm typing things, but it doesn't work all that well for books. So I'm going to have to figure out another way -- because I don't even want to admit to the number of books-for-review that are currently sitting on my desk, waiting to be read. Between that and knitting Christmas/baby gifts, I'm going to be in a bit of a jam unless I can train myself to turn pages with my toes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

yes, I know you want to be like me, but the trouble with reading and knitting is that you cannot read something you have to think about or you will stop knitting; likewise, I cannot (but maybe you can!) knit anything more complicated than stocking stitch in the round while reading. I'm sure you will reach your goals, we have utter confidence in you, Aunt Jill. :o)

4:32 PM

 
Blogger glennis said...

my solution.......books on tape or internet radio for knitting. hey, by the way- i found this site searching for a button store in amsterdam.....thanks kristin!

11:05 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

I managed to do a little bit of uncomplicated knitting while working on a book that I had to review last week. I held it open with the TV remote. :) It worked for a while, though it wasn't the easiest way to do things. I have to agree with Glennis -- books on tape is the way to go. I'll have to stop by the library this week...

BTW...Hi Glennis! Do you live in/near Amsterdam, or are you just visiting? Let me know if you find some good shops to visit -- my husband and I are hoping to return to the Netherlands in the next few months...

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]