A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Chicks with Sticks...

Last night, I got to have a wonderful (and well-deserved) knit-night with the girls. Barbara picked me up at around 4:30, and we headed north to Delaware, where we made our very first visit to The Stitch Stops Here (aka The Stitch). When we got there, Julie had already made the rounds and was purchasing a few skeins of Galway for some mittens. Barbara and I ran around like kids in a candy store. Yea! Yarn! We felt everything -- at least once. Barbara found some gorgeous yarn for a pretty scarf, and we both hooked ourselves up with a new counter -- a mini Kacha Kacha. So cool! After our yarn shopping, we headed down the street to join some of the girls for dinner. We could have stayed at the restaurant all night, sampling desserts and hot toddies, but we were already late for the S&B at the Mean Bean across the street. We had a blast stitchin' and bitchin' with the whole gang. I only wish the meeting were closer -- the half-hour drive takes away from quality knitting time.

After the S&B, we stopped at Starbucks for hot chocolate (Barbara) and Caramel Apple Cider (me). We agreed that the evening was exactly what we needed after a couple of terribly stressful weeks. We need to do stuff like that more often. Eventually, Barbara dropped me off at Paul's hockey game, where I continued my knitting.

So what was I working on? I cast on for a baby blanket. I figure that I've got three babies on the way in April (not to mention two that just arrived in the last couple of months), I'd better get my rear in gear and start knittin' baby stuff (along with my Christmas gifts). I'm doing the Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch & Bitch, in a nice shade of lavender. And I've finished only about nine rows so far. But it was good brainless knitting to do while bitchin' (and watching hockey).

I had a dream last night that I started a bunch of projects. And I just kept starting projects and never finishing them. I kept telling myself that I really needed to finish something -- but I just never did.

Therefore, my goal is to finish something this week. I don't know what, but I'm not going to let myself start anything new until I finish at least one project. Will I stick to my goal? We'll just have to wait and see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]