A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Knitting Bachelorette

I hate to admit it, but I actually watched an episode of The Bachelor the other night. It's not that I wanted to watch it, but there was nothing else on, and I needed background noise while I knitted...

Anyway, I was impressed to find one of the hopefuls (Sarah, who doesn't appear to be making any friends) knitting. Talk about knitting in public! Good for her!

I was struck by the fact that her housemates once hid her knitting in the middle of the episode, commenting on how she always picks it up as soon as she walks into the room -- and, as a result (they claimed), she never talked to them. Sarah told them that she could talk to them if she felt like it -- but she just didn't want to talk to them. I've often heard similar assumptions -- that if I knit, I can't hold a conversation at the same time. I often have to explain that I'm perfectly capable of doing both.

On another related topic, I've noticed a lot more knitters on TV recently. I think it was Carrie on King of Queens who I recently caught knitting in bed. Even Marge Simpson. Yea, knitters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]