A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, March 28, 2005

Instant Gratification Weekend -- and a New Project

Every once in a while, I just need to have an Instant Gratification Weekend -- one in which I do nothing but knit dishcloths and scrubbies (which I can easily finish in no time at all). I love being able to add all those new FOs to the shelf in my closet -- the one that's stocked with dishcloths and scrubbies for Mom and my Aunt Karen (who hordes them in drawers in her house, but who always wants to buy as many as I can crank out), baby socks just in case I need a cute handmade baby gift, and a couple of hats that I've already made my brother for next Christmas (impressive, don't you think?).

Last night, after finishing my third dishcloth and third scrubbie of the weekend, I switched gears and started a bigger project -- a shawl for my friend Lisa's wedding. I promised to do it even before they got engaged. I've had the yarn for a month or two (she wanted white and sparkly, so I went with Patons Brilliant in White Twinkle). And now I've decided to stop putting it off and get it done -- even though the wedding isn't until September. Believe it or not, I decided that this time I'd do something ahead of time -- so I won't have to worry about finishing it the morning of the wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]