A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, April 04, 2005

April Fools' Shocker...

We got a late April Fools' Day joke out here on Saturday -- snow! I woke up on Saturday to a yard covered in white stuff and heavy, wet snow coming down. It's hard to believe that it was 75 just three days earlier. But the snow's gone again. The birds are singing, and the flowers seem to have survived the storm.

On the knitting front, I've been working away on the shawl for Lisa. I'm using the two longest Denise cords together, and I can no longer stretch the shawl out to check the length, so I must be getting somewhere.

I checked back at WEBS last week to see if I could order a little bit of the sparkly shawl yarn for myself, only to discover that there are only two colors remaining -- red and brown. Since then, I've been in a debate with anyone who will listen. Which one should I get? The brown or the red? The red will go well with a lot of stuff, but I really want something I can wear with a brown linen spaghetti strap dress that I have -- but the red might not look right, and the brown could very well be just the wrong shade. So what am I going to do?

I'm going to visit my parents this weekend, so I'll have to go through patterns and colors with my mom this weekend. She may not be a knitter, but she's great at helping me pick out yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]