A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Home again...

Yesterday, I made the drive back home to Ohio after a wonderful week with my family. On Sunday, I got to hang out with my niece, Kaari (3), and my nephew, Nathan (now officially 7). We had a blast! It was so much fun to see them -- and now I'm totally exhausted.


Seven candles... Posted by Hello

I also got to spend some time hanging out with my best pal, my mom. We did some yarn shopping. On Monday, we went downtown to Singer, where I bought sock yarn. On Tuesday, we ended up at the Grand Opening of the new Meijer, where a few things happened to be on sale (so I got more cotton for dishcloths and some purple yarn for a baby blanket and/or scarf for Kaari). And yesterday, before I left, we rushed to Friends of Wool, where I got an extra-long cable to add to my Denise set and some grey Chinchilla for a scarf for me.

But we shopped for more than just yarn while I was home. We went to Toys 'R Us on Saturday for Nathan's presents. We also hit the Gap outlet, where I got...a lot of stuff. And we went to the mall on Monday (where we got some flip-flops, and I got some new capris).

I also got to see a couple of other friends -- I had coffee with Kathy and her two youngest. And I had coffee with Joel, too. I drank a lot of coffee (I've since gone back to water, thank you).

And when I got home, the yard was covered in flowers -- and flowering trees. It's beautiful! I almost cried when I saw the tulips. It's all a surprise, since they were all planted before we moved in, but the tulips make me feel at home. I'll take pictures of them later...

Today, Paul joins me at home. He had a good week, but now he's sick, and I'm sure he'll be exhausted after leaving Delft at 8 this morning (which is 2 am Ohio time). I foresee lots of lounging in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]