A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

An especially trying week

I reported to the supreme court yesterday morning, bright and early. Fortunately, I wasn't on trial. I was on jury duty. And of course I got chosen to serve on the jury for a criminal trial. So I've spent the last two days in the courtroom, listening to witnesses and rolling my eyes at obnoxious attorneys, who are nowhere near as exciting as the attorneys on Ally McBeal. I brought my knitting along, though I really haven't had a ton of time to work on it. In fact, the guy at the metal detector almost took them away from me today -- but fortunately I was arriving at the same time as my knitting buddy on the jury, and he eventually let us both through, saying, "I'd take them away, but I know how boring it can get up there."

At home, at night, collapsed in front of the TV, suffering from mental exhaustion, I've been working on two projects for Mom, who may or may not be coming to visit this weekend. We still haven't determined that. But I'm almost finished with her mini shawl out of Plymouth Electra and her soft chenille scarf. So if Mom shows up, I'll be prepared...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]